Five Reasons Not to Get an iPad Too Soon:Every device has its pros and cons. Here are five reasons to buy — and not to buy — the latest iPad.
You’ve heard all the praises and maybe even queued up on launch day to get your hands on the newest iPad. Everyone knows why you should get the iPad; virtually every tech blogger and pundit out there is raving over Apple’s newest gizmo.
But if you’re still sitting on the fence, here are five reasons why you should not get the new iPad.
5 Reasons NOT to Buy the New iPad 5 Reason # 1
1. The display: If you’re really into photos or video, then the screen is probably the single-most compelling reason to upgrade. Apple says that the iPad screen has more pixels than an HDTV.
5 Reasons NOT to Buy the New iPad 5 Reason # 2
2. Dictation: There hasn’t been much attention paid to this little feature, probably because everyone was bummed that Siri wasn’t in the new iPad. But dictation will go far on the iPad, as many people find typing on the tablet a total pain.
5 Reasons NOT to Buy the New iPad 5 Reason # 3
3. LTE: Faster Internet access means faster video streaming — which will be a joy to watch on the iPad’s new screen. It will also likely increase productivity on the iPad, because users will almost always be connected to a very fast network.
5 Reasons NOT to Buy the New iPad 5 Reason # 4
4. App store: This is really more a reason to buy Apple than specifically to buy this new tablet, but the fact of the matter is that the App Store has some of the best tablet apps out there — more than any other tablet app store.
5 Reasons NOT to Buy the New iPad 5 Reason # 5
5. Video/photo editing: This iPad might not be enough to finally persuade you to get rid of your computer, but this version of the iPad is creeping up. Before, it was kind of pain to edit photos and video that you took on your tablet and then share them from the tablet. Now, with an upgraded version of iMovie and a new iPhoto app, it’s much easier to do some quick work. Although the apps won’t be able to handle really complex editing, it’s welcome news for more the more serious amateurs who just want their stuff to look good.